Who am I?
I'm an experienced web application developer from Milton Keynes.
If you are looking for a developer, who enjoys building web applications, can work on both the
front and backend and is easy to work with - I may be your man.
I've recently been working with Ruby (on a Rails stack), but have a history of other languages and am
which are both areas I'd love to explore further in the future.
Things I do
- Ruby on Rails web application development.
- Mobile development with React Native.
- HTML, HAML, CSS, SASS, Coffeescript …
- SQL on various platforms; Postgres, Oracle and MySQL.
- Linux CLI, Bash scripting & Linux system administration.
- Mockups and wireframes with Photoshop, Pixelmator & Sketch.
- Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems.
- Version Control; Git, SVN, CVS
- A little Docker and AWS
Places I've worked
SalesMaster - Senior Product Developer - Nov 2013 to present
- Working on the companies automotive applications. Front and back end development
in with Ruby on Rails, Coffeescript, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Maintaining AWS/Docker infrastructure.
IMS | evolve - Web Applications Developer - June 2010 to Nov 2013
- Developing the companies web based machine management systems.
Front end application development using Sencha ExtJS &
Back end API development in Perl, using a mixture of CGI, mod_perl & Catalyst.
- Worked to improve the companies programming standards & processes. Successfully migrated the
companies SVN system to Git and introduced a new branching strategy. Pushed for automated unit
testing, bug tracking and code documentation.
- Maintenance of third party integration projects, utilising DBIx::Class & Moose.
- Various smaller projects implemented using jQuery, Backbone, Twitter Bootstrap & Perl Dancer.
Redeye International - Web Applications Developer - Nov 2004 to June 2010
- Developing and supporting e-mail marketing and analytics web applications.
- Front and back end development of a Perl and PostgreSQL based email marketing
platform. As part of a small team, my role was to support the 50-100 users, as well as
develop and maintain delivery systems, which at peak sent over 2 million emails per day.
- Involved in the design and implementation of the companies new web analytics
application, written with an ExtJS front end, PHP backend API and Oracle database.
- Developed various tools, and configuration procedures required for the migration
of the companies Milton Keynes based servers to a new London site.
Stockton Borough Carers Resource Centre - Web Designer - Sep 2003 to April 2004
- As part of my final year university module I participated in the development of a
community project. The project was completed in cooperation with the Stockton Borough
Careers Resource Centre (SBCRC), and the University of Teesside IT response Unit.
- To help encourage greater public involvement in local health and social issues,
the SBCRC were promoting a project entitled the Public Involvement Partnership Stockton
(PIPS). They required a web presence as a key mechanism for the public to voice their
- A content management system was designed, and implemented using PHP and MySQL.
This provided features such as user management, article authoring, and user forums.
Site layouts and graphics were produced using Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Education & Qualifications
2000 – 2004 BSc (Hons), Computer Studies (2:1) Teesside University
1998 – 2000 A-Level Maths(D), Physics(E), Design & Technology(C), Ousedale 6th Form
Groups & Affiliations
I currently regularly attend the meetings of the;
- Milton Keynes Perl Mongers
- Milton Keynes Linux User Group