Who am I?
I'm an experienced web application developer from Milton Keynes. If you are looking for someone who enjoys building web applications, can work on both the front and back-end and is easy to work with - I may be your dev.
Things I do
- Ruby on Rails web application development.
- Mobile development with React Native.
- Testing with RSpec and Jest.
- HTML, HAML, CSS, SASS, CoffeeScript …
- SQL on various platforms; Postgres, MySQL.
- Linux CLI, Bash scripting & Linux system administration.
- Mockups and wireframes with Photoshop, Pixelmator & Sketch.
- Version Control; Git
- A little Docker and AWS
Places I've worked
Automotive Transformation Group - Senior Software Engineer - Apr 2022 to present
- Continuing to enhance the SalesMaster platform after the companies acquisition by ATG
- Focussing on omnichannel sales integrations with the wider group and third parties
- Migrating the JS toolchain to esbuild and Yarn, with Jest test coverage
SalesMaster - Senior Product Developer - Nov 2013 to May 2022
- Working on the companies automotive applications. Front and back end development in with Ruby on Rails, CoffeeScript, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Enhancements to the companies In-house built ETL system.
- Integration with various third party APIs
IMS Evolve - Web Applications Developer - June 2010 to Nov 2013
- Developing the companies web based machine management systems. Front end application development using Sencha ExtJS & Back end API development in Perl, using a mixture of CGI, mod_perl & Catalyst.
- Worked to improve the companies programming standards & processes. Successfully migrated the companies SVN system to Git and introduced a new branching strategy. Pushed for automated unit testing, bug tracking and code documentation.
- Maintenance of third party integration projects, utilising DBIx::Class & Moose.
- Various smaller projects implemented using jQuery, Backbone, Twitter Bootstrap & Perl Dancer.
Redeye International - Web Applications Developer - Nov 2004 to June 2010
- Developing and supporting e-mail marketing and analytics web applications.
- Front and back end development of a Perl and PostgreSQL based email marketing platform. As part of a small team, my role was to support and develop the companies in-house delivery systems, which at peak sent over 2 million emails per day.
- Involved in the design and implementation of the companies new web analytics application, written with an ExtJS front end, PHP back-end API and Oracle database.
- Developed various tools, and configuration procedures required for the migration of the companies Milton Keynes based servers to a new London site.
Stockton Borough Carers Resource Centre - Web Designer - Sep 2003 to April 2004
- As part of my final year university module I participated in the development of a community project. The project was completed in cooperation with the Stockton Borough Careers Resource Centre (SBCRC), and the University of Teesside IT response Unit.
- To help encourage greater public involvement in local health and social issues, the SBCRC were promoting a project entitled the Public Involvement Partnership Stockton (PIPS). They required a web presence as a key mechanism for the public to voice their opinions.
- A content management system was designed, and implemented using PHP and MySQL. This provided features such as user management, article authoring, and user forums. Site layouts and graphics were produced using Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Education & Qualifications
BSc (Hons), Computer Studies (2:1) Teesside University
A-Level Maths, Physics, Design & Technology